The dining in Blanc’s neighborhood is among the best in San Francisco, and some would say it’s the very best for the amazing variety of cuisine with top notch quality, all in easy walking distance. A search on Yelp.com with Blanc as a start-point yields fan-favorites in Thai, Indonesian, classic American, Italian, even Yemeni -- and that’s the name of it, Yemeni, a block from Blanc and a Yelp 4-star.
Such popular-vote winners are reliable but there’s even more, at an arguably higher level, from recommendations of food critics from the likes of Michelin, Zagat and the SF Chronicle among others -- two to 5 blocks away:
- Fleur De Lys, 777 Sutter, is one of the most classic French dining experiences in San Francisco, and has been so for many many years. The décor immediately transfixes you, and the multi-course extravaganza makes it a truly a memorable evening.
- Le Coloniel, on Cosmo Place just off Sutter, offers distinctive Vietnamese food and a charming and eclectic restaurant -- another long-time SF fave.
- Acquerello’s Italian fare has built a strong following frequenting its luxury-dining experience at 1722 Sacramento, topping the charts for two decades.
- Sons & Daughters, 780 Bush, is new American at its newest and finest, with locally-grown and organic food from the restaurant’s own mini-farm in Los Gatos. Light, healthy, incredibly good.
- Rue Lepic, 900 Pine, is another fantastic French find but different than Fleur de Lys. The smaller space and lighter atmosphere create a unique aura, but you’ll be too taken by the food to notice much.
And this for planning ahead: Just two blocks from Blanc, an exciting new restaurant is under design and construction for 2014, a yet-unnamed new establishment from the folks whose pedigree includes Boulevard, Prospect, Nopa and Nopalita. The address, 871 Sutter, is sure to be a fave for residents at Blanc a 2-minute walk away.